Syracuse, NY – The City of Syracuse Department of Parks, Recreation and Youth Programs is hosting the Onondaga Creekwalk Mile Market on Saturday, October 1, 2022 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. along the Creekwalk at the Hunt Ave trailhead.
“The Creekwalk expansion really opens up the possibility of showcasing so many aspects of our city and the people who live and work here,” said Parks Commissioner Julie LaFave. “This event is just one creative example of using this unique space to bring the community together and do just that.”
The outdoor market will feature the new section of the Onondaga Creekwalk that runs through Kirk Park on the south side of town and will feature vendor booths representing farms, artisans, artisans, small businesses and non-profit organizations. city non-profit. The event will also promote wellness with activities throughout the day.
Event calendar :
- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Mobile recreation with lawn games for all ages
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Free Tree Giveaway for Resident Owners of the City of Syracuse, while supplies last. Trees must be planted in the City.
- 10:00 a.m.: Unified Yoga Class
- 10:30 a.m., 11:15 a.m., 12 p.m. & 12:45 p.m.: Visit of the shoreline restoration project
- 12:00 p.m.: Demonstration of healthy recipes with CNY food bank
- 12:30 p.m., 1:15 p.m. & 2:00 p.m.: Tree identification walkwith the town arborist
- 1:00 p.m.: Zumba class
Street parking is available along Hunt Ave and Onondaga Creek Parkway. Accessible parking is available in the Hunt Ave trailhead parking lot.
Questions regarding the event can be directed to [email protected]